2. Information We May Collect From You
(i) Data You Provide to the Service
We may collect the following information from our registered (signed up) users (“Registered Users”) that may, in certain circumstances, constitute personal data:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Current and past favorite items, watchdog items
- Viewing and contact/inquiry history
If you use a third party service, such as Facebook Connect, for signing into the Service, we may collect personal data, such as your user ID, name, and e-mail address, that are available in accordance with the terms of service and the privacy settings of the third party service you use for signing into the Service. You may control the types of personal data available in the public profile of such third party services by adjusting the privacy settings available therein. Also, if you contact us, a record of this correspondence may be kept.
(ii) Data Collected Automatically
The Service may automatically collect the following information from that in certain circumstances may constitute personal data:
- The logging technology used in the Service automatically collects the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Service. We also collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you use to access the Service, information about the operating system of your device, as well as the name of your Internet service provider.
- We may place a “cookie” on the hard drive of the device that you use to access the Service. Cookies are text files that are saved on the hard drive of your device by means of your browser, enabling us to recognize your browser for purposes such as saving your preferences and directing relevant content to you. Most of the currently available browsers give you the option of managing cookies by, for example, disabling them entirely, accepting them individually, and deleting saved cookies from your hard drive. As a reminder: if you that if you completely disable cookies on your browser, you might not be able to use some features of the Service.
- Google Analytics is an element of the Service. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the website, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Service. By using a browser plugin provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
Moreover, details of transactions you carry out through the Service, the fulfillment of your inquiry requests, details of your visits to this site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data may also be collected.
3. How We Disclose Data
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose the personal data relating to our Registered Users to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
The personal data collected in the Service may be disclosed in the following manner:
- a) Personal data you provide to the Service:
We may disclose personal data you provide to the Service with the following categories of third parties:
- To service providers, such as payment processors and data storage service providers, which enable us to provide the Service to you;
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
- b) Data collected automatically:
The data collected automatically in the Service may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
- To service providers, such as data analysis companies;
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
Moreover, we may disclose information to third parties in an aggregate format that does not constitute personal data and does not allow the identification of individual Registered Users.
4. Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you:
- The right to know what data we hold about you: If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you, please contact us via email at support (at) dcsmokefreehousing.org. We seek to swiftly respond to your inquiry. We may charge a small processing fee if less than twelve (12) months has passed since your last inquiry relating to personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary personal data corrected, deleted, or updated. The easiest way to correct, delete, or update the personal data you have provided to the Service is to log in to the Service and enter the necessary changes in the account settings of the Service. If you have additional questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us via email at support (at) dcsmokefreehousing.org.
- The right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us: All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as e-mail messages and SMS-messages, give you an option of not receiving such communications from us in the future. If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at support (at) dcsmokefreehousing.org.
5. Data Security
All information you provide to us, with the exception of any payment information, is stored on our or our hosting providers’ secure servers. Please note that the Service is hosted in cloud servers in the US, in European Union or in another location. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and are processed in real time, never stored. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect personal data about you, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk.
6. Children’s Privacy
This Service is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal data without their consent, he or she should contact us at support (at) dcsmokefreehousing.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal data, we will delete such information from our files.
8. Questions or Concerns?
LAST UPDATED: September 18, 2017